2008-10-21

Liveblog: The Shield (10-21-08)

Alright, alright... before I press play, let's clear the air. The Missus says I may have gone a little too far in my rant against Halloween last night and that I may have hurt some feelings in the process. Let's be clear that it wasn't my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. I was just being me. And me at that particular period of time wanted to discuss how I'm sooooooo sick of everyone at work gushing over Halloween, I just had to rant about it for a bit. I'm not a fan of the holiday - if you are, rock on and more power to ya. Oh, and for future reference, I probably shouldn't write after getting out of bed because I get cranky.

In summation, if you felt stung by my words from last night, I apologize.

Now, for tonight's words of wisdom, let's stick with something a little less controversial - The Shield. I've made no bones about the fact that I think The Shield is the best show on TV right now and I've been super-stoked about tonight's episode. Between bad days at work, my family situation, the Dodgers, and all that jazz, I've really had a pretty shitty week and I'm hopeful tonight's episode of The Shield will knock me off my feet and make things all better.

Thus? A liveblog!

10:00 - VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! Hell yes it is.

10:01 - Previously On The Shield - Bad, bad shit went down to set up tonight's episode that looks like even more bad shit is going to go down. This is gonna rock. ROCK!

10:02: Shane has gloves on and a gun in hand. Uh oh. Bad combo. He looks quite anguished. Maybe killing a second friend isn't easier than the first. He's plotting with the Missus, setting up an alibi for himself. Must be nice to have a spouse who'll cover for you killing someone.

10:05 - Mackey has to try to extort the closing of a church. "I wouldn't want to piss off Jesus along with everyone else." May be a little late for that, Vic.

10:06 - Someone takes a shot at Ronnie! Is that Shane? Nope. Shane's hanging out in Vic's apartment, ready to blow his best friend away. Whoops! Ronnie called Vic just before Vic walked into the waiting trap. Shane's plan got FUCKED! Cue the Opening Credits! Two attempts to kill cops before the credits? This show rules.

10:12 - Vic and Ronnie figure out that Shane's involved. That didn't take long. Ronnie says he's going to find the guy himself - but he looks pretty pissed when he tells Vic to take off. Anyone getting the feeling that Ronnie's going to play the key role in ths finish of this show?

10:16 - God damn, that hooker's ugly. Someone would actually pay for that?

10:18 - Hey! The priest that Vic went to talk to is that guy who played Haywire on Prison Break. I just can't take him seriously as a priest after seeing him on PB.

10:21 - Pezuela offers to help make Aceveda mayor with the help of the Blackmail Box. "I've got leverage you can't begin to understand." Wouldn't be sore sure about that.

10:24 - Rookie cop nails Two-Man, Shane asks nervously, "Hey, is he, uh, talking yet?" Dutch and Billings get first crack at him. That should be interesting.

10:31 - Oh jeez. Shane snuck into the interrogation room to try and find out where the gun is. What an idiot. Claudette spotted him too. And saw that he turned off the camera.

10:33 - Vic trying to get the Feds to let him work with them undercover. Awesome! Aceveda is in to talk to ICS too! A spinoff with Vic and Aceveda as buddy cops would be almost as cool as the Sylar/HRG buddy cop spinoff idea. Vic tells Aceveda, "Don't worry. Pezuela wants you taken out, I'm the one he hires to do it." Now THAT would be a fun way to end the show. God, this rules. Vic Mackey is one of my favorite all-time TV characters.

10:44 - Ronnie catches Shane trying to give hand signals to Two-Man. Ohhh my. This should be fun. OHHHH SNAP! The guy is gonna spill it! Two-Man is ratting him out! Shane's trying to run for it! Shane's in the parking lot! RONNIE AND VIC ARE GOING AFTER HIM! JULIAN TOO! SHANE'S PEELING OUT OF THE PARKING LOT! OHHHH SHIT! Too late! He's gone!

10:52 - Shane's wife goes to see Vic's ex. Shit be goin' down now. Ohhh shit! She's telling Corinne about Terry, about the Money Train... ohhhh damn.

10:55 - Corinne confronts Vic. Holy shit. Good scene. She says she'll help Vic one last time and then her and the kids are out of Vic's life forever. That's "the price he has to pay."

10:59 - AHHHHHH! VIC QUIT! He told Claudette to "kis his ass." Two guesses where he's going and who he's going after. Claudette threatened to lock "his corrupt ass up" if he interferes in the Shane search. Vic turned in his gun. Holy shit. He's done! I can't believe it. I never thought he'd be out of the Barn before the season ended.

Next time on THE SHIELD...
Vic's on the rampage
Claudette's on the hunt
HOLY FUCK!
Either that was deceptive editing or Vic finds Shane next week! EEEEEEKS!

This is as close to some of those "oh fuck, how can I wait til next week?" feelings I've had since Lost.

Well, shit - that definitely made me feel better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I "live blogged" right when I get out of bed, it would be something like "I'm naked over here!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, because I fucking fell asleep after Shane found the gun. I have been watching the 12:06 am episode because I put my son to bed during the 10 pm one. I am going to go nuts if I don't see it though, I need to check out the schedule on FX. This show is awesome.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!