2008-10-24

More Than Meets The Eye?

Earlier this week, news broke that Universal was developing a Transformers attraction for both the Hollywood and Singapore parks. The news was met by initial apathy from me because I think the last the last time Universal made an effort to really put something special in the Hollywood park was Jurassic Park [although I haven't been to the park in years.]

But as the press release went on, it quickly sounded like this was no mere stunt show or small add-on to the Tram Ride or any number of "quick-fix" attractions that Universal Hollywood is known for. This sounded like a serious effort to put a high-dollar, high-entertainment attraction in the park. So, I was cautiously enthused by the announcement and started wondering if Universal putting big money into Transformers and Harry Potter [in Florida] would drive the Mouse to step up their game as well.

I remain enthused - but I had to share Michael Bay's thoughts on the project because... well, he's a jackass. An incredibly rich jackass but a jackass nonetheless. Take a look...

The Transformer Ride at Universal making all the press rounds - not sure yet - they had me in a press release saying I supported it - but Universal has a long way to go in my mind. I don't support it - I'm not involved and not sure the story of the ride works, and I know Optimus is not going to just show up to be directed by some new people that have never worked with him. I hate when people bullsh*t a quote from me that I never said.

I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????


It's an amazing thing to see someone who is pretty much treated as a punchline to most "bad director" jokes take himself so seriously.

But hey, he's rich and making a movie that I'd gladly kill him to have the chance to make so I guess I have little ground to stand on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!