2009-04-14

Before Anyone Points It Out...

Yes, I did just read the story about someone getting stabbed in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after yesterday's game.

Sigh.

What can you say?

My high horse is tired of running around that topic so until all of MLB cracks down on their security levels, I'm afraid we'll be seeing more and more of these stories all season long.

By the by, I was very disappointed to read that the Dodgers had lowered the price of beer at the concession stands this season. I understand and appreciate the desire to lower prices for the fans but that's not the right price to lower. It's quite obvious that "the bad apples" can't figure out how to handle their liquor so they really don't need an excuse to drink more.

I made a comment at some point last season that I wouldn't be opposed at all to seeing alcohol sales at the Stadium shut off completely. I understand the financial hit but isn't it worth it to create a family friendly environment where parents aren't afraid to take their kids to the game? Long-term, that's a much better business plan than making the short-term dollars off a bunch of drunken idiots.

Dare to dream.

2 comments:

ljg said...

I agree with you. I think USC has the no booze policy in effect at the colliseum at their home football games because they want to make it more family friendly. Now of course they are still able to do the tailgating outside the venue. But the no booze policy should not just be singled out for the Dodgers but also for the Angels as well. MLB will need to investigate further.

Tony said...

You so crazy, I wanna have yo baby.

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments so I can know who to make voodoo dolls of!